Home Article Paris Saclay University Student Accommodation

Paris Saclay University Student Accommodation

Université Paris-Saclay and its different institutions are located to the south of Paris. Depending on your department, the location of your classes may be:

Le Kremlin-Bicêtre – Sceaux – Châtenay-Malabry – Orsay – Bures sur Yvette – Cachan – Evry – Versailles – Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines – Vélizy-Villacoublay

They are all served by RER lines B, C or D, and are about 30-50 minutes from Paris.

CROUS Accommodation

The CROUS Versailles is the reference partner for Université Paris-Saclay and higher education in general. CROUS accommodation is available on each Université Paris-Saclay campus and is within the vicinity of associated schools and universities.

Aimed at grant-holding (such as the CROUS grant) and non-grant holding students, the accommodation available is among the cheapest in the market and can be requested via the GUPS (Guichet Unique Paris-Saclay), the DSE (Dossier Social Etudiant) or on the accommodation’s website.

Students can find low-cost rooms as well as studio, one-room, and two-room flats.

Most residences for Université Paris-Saclay are offered by CROUS de Versailles, but on some campuses there are also residences offered by CROUS de Créteil and CROUS de Paris.

In order to guarantee and comply with health regulations in force, Crous accommodation facilities have been adapted:

  • Wearing a mask is compulsory (you must bring it with you)
  • Bring a pen
  • There is a gel dispenser on site
  • Those accompanying the student will have to wait outside the residence (within the limit of one accompanying person per student)
  • Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes maximum before your appointment

Link: https://www.crous-versailles.fr/

– Visale, the Student Rental Deposit, is a state guarantee allowing students with an income but no personal guarantor to get housing more easily: https://www.actionlogement.fr/la-garantie-visale

– The LOCA-PASS security deposit is a refundable free deposit to cover rent and service charges, given to the landlord upon the tenant’s entry into the premises. https://www.actionlogement.fr/la-garantie-loca-pass

– The Allocation Logement à caractère Social (ALS, a type of housing benefit), is for all students. It is calculated according to your financial resources.

– The Aide Personnalisée au Logement (APL, another type of housing benefit), is for students living in accommodation for which an agreement has been signed between the landlord and the CAF. HLM social housing is included in this. The APL is calculated based on family financial resources and the price of your rent. The amount is then deducted from the rent and paid to the landlord or the tenant. Find out more from the Caisse d’Allocation Familiale (benefits office) in the département where you live: http://www.caf.fr

Previous articleList of universities and colleges in France
Next articleUniversité Paris-Saclay Mater Programmes Taught In English


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here