The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed graduates who conform to the requirements for a twelve (12) month Graduate Recruitment Scheme at Division Supply Chain Management (Garages).
The Graduate Recruitment Scheme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
Intern categories with minimum requirements:
Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required (Statement of Results must be attached)
Student Intern: Practical experience is required by the tertiary institution in order for the learner to finalise qualification (letter from the Institution not older than two (2) years must be attached)
MOTOR MECHANIC INTERN (PETROL/DIESEL MECHANIC) – SAPS GARAGES
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
- Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
- Applicants must be unemployed, and never employed in the field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post
- Applicants must be residents of the Province where the post is advertised
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three (3) positions and complete separate application forms for each post reference number.
- Be in possession of N2 in Motor Mechanic/Mechanical Engineering or N3 in Motor Mechanic/Mechanical Engineering/ NCV level 4 in Motor Mechanic/ Diesel Mechanic.
ADMINISTRATION INTERN (SCM) – SAPS GARAGES
- Be in possession of a National Diploma / Degree in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management / Purchasing Management, recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least NQF 6 or higher level.
ADMINISTRATION INTERN (HRM) – PROVINCIAL MECHANICAL SERVICES GARAGES
- Be in possession of an applicable three (3) year National Diploma / Degree in Human Resource Management / Public Administration and Management / Business Administration / Office Administration / Office Management and Technology recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level.
PANEL BEATER INTERN (SAPS GARAGES)
- Be in possession of N2 in Auto Body Repair/Spray Painting/Mechanical Engineering or N3 in Auto Body Repair/Spray Painting / NCV level 4 in Auto Body Repair/Spray Painting.
How to Apply
Only the official application form for the internship programme (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted.
All instructions on the application form must be adhered to.
Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 6 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered *only certificate of qualifications as well as statement of results must be attached.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. The closing date for all applications is 2022-11-18
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Shortlisted applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
- Graduate Recruitment Scheme in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment