Security Jobs in the USA with VISA Sponsorship 2023 – This article is all you need to know about how to get a Security Job in the USA with VISA Sponsorship including the requirements and qualifications to be eligible for this Job.
There are many job opportunities in the United States for foreigners, especially for unskilled workers. Many employers in the United States are willing to support dedicated foreign workers to help grow their businesses. One such opportunity is a Security job in the USA with VISA sponsorship.
Security Jobs in the USA with VISA Sponsorship
Who is a Security Personnel
Security Personnel means any person(s) who perform(s) security-related tasks on behalf of the Collective. A security guard’s role in this varies according to the employer’s requirements.
Their primary role is to prevent crime from occurring in a given area, and they do this by carefully investigating suspicious activity, mitigating risks as they arise, and contacting the appropriate authorities when an incident occurs.
Simply put, a security guard is responsible for ensuring the safety of people, property, and other valuables.
Duties of a Security Personnel
Most of the major duties that these people perform are;
- They work as Fire Watch
- They prevent Workplace Violence
- They guard corporate Events
- Security guards give executive Protection
- They give both VIP and Personal Security
- They work as a visible deterrent to crime
- Identifying suspicious behavior
- Contacting and communicating with the authorities in situations of unrest
- Monitoring of access to properties
- Taking action in an emergency
Skills Required to be a Security Personnel
Listed below are the major skills you require to qualify for the role of a security guard;
- You must have excellent knowledge of security protocols
- Ability to operate security systems and emergency equipment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Attention to detail
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations
Requirements and Qualifications Required to Become a Security Personnel
To become a security guard, you must have some requisite qualifications, such as;
- You must have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- You must be trained in first aid and defense
- You must pass the identity and criminal record test
- For a higher rank, you should consider getting a four-year degree in criminal justice or any related field.
- You must have at least a year of work experience
- Employers prefer candidates who have worked in a security outlet before such as the police or army.
- You must be proficient in security systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
How to Apply for a Security Job in the United States
follow the steps below to apply for this type of job online;
- Get all the certifications and qualifications required
- Prepare a professional CV and cover letter
- Now, visit the Online Global job listing websites and search for a security guard in the USA with a VISA sponsorship.
- When you get suggestions, visit the individual websites of these companies to get full information about the role.
- Now, submit your application if you are fully qualified for the job.
If you are selected by the recruiter, you will be contacted for an interview. To be properly prepared for this interview, take a look at our suggestions below;
Where to Find a Security Job in The United States
To find such a job in the United States of America from your country, you have to use the Internet. To find a job online, it is advisable to use global online job boards such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and many others. Some of these websites require you to create a business account and have a well-designed profile with your business information.
Through these websites, you can connect with these companies and get the opportunity to apply for jobs without much stress. The links below will take you to the exact page where you will find these opportunities;
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I Ask For a VISA Sponsorship in the USA?
To sponsor someone the employer will have to submit an I-129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker. I’m the case of an immigrant worker, the employer will have to submit a form I-140.
How Do I Get A Successful Sponsor?
To get a successful sponsorship, follow the steps below;
- Search for potential sponsors
- Reach out to already-established companies
- find the contact
- Establish a connection over time
- Follow up with the sponsors
What are the Best Global Job Listing websites to Get a Job as a Foreigner in USA?
some of the best job listing websites in the world are;
How Much is US VISA Sponsorship?
Normally, a VISA sponsorship will cost about $4000 and up to $9000 If the company has more than 50 workers and 50% of these workers are foreign nationals.
Interview Questions for Security Guards
Tell Me A Little About Yourself
Be very confident and vocal when answering this question. Talk more about your professional life and only a few pieces of information about your personal life. This will go a long way in showing your company that you are ready for the job.
Why Are You Interested in This Job?
Your answer to this question goes a long way to show how professional you are. Let your answer be based more on your professionalism, skills, and qualifications for the job.
What Are Your Career Goals as A Security Guard?
These questions test whether you have the long-term goals of the company at heart. Let your answer portray your interest in the long-term goals of the company.
Salary of a Security Personnel
In the United States of America, the salary of security guards ranges between $14 to $18 per hour, depending on the company you are working for